1. Metropolis – Every Time I See Him (Salsoul)
A late night spiritual bomb that sounds as fresh now as it did when it was released over two decades ago.
2. Soylent Green – Soylent Green (Playhouse Records)
Beautiful dark techno soul science, a masterpiece
3. Inner Life – Make It Last Forever (Salsoul)
This timeless masterpiece gives you thirteen minutes of bliss which has to be heard to be believed.
4. Sylvester – I Need Somebody Tonight (Fantasy)
This murky jerky technoid soul groove is the holy grail for the disenfranchised cosmic night owl.
5. Marvin Gaye – What’s Going On (Motown)
Nothing touches this record, it leaves you breathless and must be played at every late night congregation.
6. Leroy Hutson – Lucky Fellow (Curtom)
A late night psychedelic masterpiece of future soul.
7. Donald Byrd – Think Twice (Blue Note)
This record makes you cry. Enough said.
8. Harrison Crump – Ride (Vocal Mix) (Electric Chair)
This hidden gem is a perfect record just before the sun rises.