1. SOUL CENTRAL & KATHY BROWN – STRONGER ON MY OWN (STRINGS OF LIFE) Having one of NY’s finest take the reigns oin this project has given us our strongest release to date, and very proud of it we are too. Dancefloor devastation at its finest.
2. BLAZE ft BARBARA TUCKER – MOST PRECIOUS LOVE NY Diva, big strings…i see a pattern emerging here!? For me it’s all about Dennis Ferrer’s mix..another track that’s got staying power.
3. DESTINY’S CHILD – MAKE ME LOSE MY BREATHE Once again Maurice Joshua gets to tweak all the right knobs, and what a fine job he has done. This track, for me, has all the elements needed for a good floor filler – a big commercial song that everyone knows, but an undeniable underground sound.
4. DJ Technique “Gaybrielle” raw biznizz that tears the arse out of the sound system, prime time fodder with new mixes on the way. watch out Miami…
5. AXIOM – YOU GOTTA BELIEVE Booker T once again,under his Kings of Soul guise. I cannot fault the guy. Su Su Bobien on vocal duty powers this track home, and it’s a fantastic track to work the mix to on the way out !
6. HARDSOUL – COMMITTED Trying to describe this track sounds like a contradiction in terms. It is Jazzy and laid back, yet has all the energy needed for my peak time set. Dam fine music from “the Dam”.
7. SOUL CENTRAL present DIVINE RITES ft DIANA WAITE – I TOLD YOU 99 Carat Recordings Amsterdam, sister label to our own Clean Cut, release a track from Diana Waite whom we have worked with before. Obviously, we were very happy with the original, but the new Deep Josh mix has given the record an added edge and a couple of names for people to watch out for in the future.
8. LADY LAGO – LADY LAGO E.P 99 Carat again, this time presenting a female Portugese Dj and producer. Crisp drums, sweet rhodes and haunting Portugese spoken words, this track is gonna be bubbling nicely just in time for Miami.
9. Spiritual South “Slip Steam” – you ain’t heard batacada till you’ve heard this – the dirty South get ‘DIRTY’
10. ANDY HOLDER presents RHYTHM AND SOUL – NOTHING LIKE JAZZ Music hailing from the UK just seems to get better and better, there are a couple of mixes that i bounce between, while I edge slightly to the Rhythmic Soul Mix. Great to be able to support rising talent.