1. Trevor Loveys – Turn It Up – Freerange Freerange continue to delight with this offering from Trevor Loveys, which wraps some cut-up stabs around a relentless, funk-ridden groove that demands to be danced to.
2. Big Head – Beautiful (JV’s Lush Vocal Remix) – Sinister JV really impresses here, taking the distinctive vocal from the original and building a terrific deep, atmospheric house track around it that still packs a punch on the dance floor.
3. Groovehunter – I Get By (Mike Monday Mix) – Whoop! I’ve always been a fan of Mike’s productions and here’s a great example why. There are loads of great sounds and hooks used in this remix, all expertly woven together to create a lethal peak time track.
4. DJ Ermi – P.K.S.V (F**king In Gothenburg Rmx) – Black Vinyl This remix really brings out the best in the track, adding depth with the addition of some lush layers over the floor friendly beats and bassline.
5. System Check – Dirty Dancing – DTrax This is the first release for my new System Check alias, and the title track is a good example of what to expect – chunky beats and dirty grooves designed for the dance floor!
6. Reggie Watts – So Beautiful (Oliver Desmet Remix) – Sound Consortium Heading off on a completely different direction to the original, OD builds a techy sounding groove here that really is quite infectious and will definitely do the business on a chunky sound system.
7. Malena – Amame – Nite Grooves I definitely have a soft spot for the kind of seductive, late night deep house action provided here. The Rhodes chords really hit the spot, complemented by soaring strings and a spoken vocal.
8. Spirit Catcher – Spy Waves – Winding Road The main track on the latest release from one of the labels of the moment Winding Road builds layer upon layer of smooth sounds to create a very classy house groove.
System Check – Dirty Dancing EP is out now on DTRAX