1. Ronnie Herel ft Dannis Winston – Another Way – Quantize Recordings
This is my current release on Quantize Recordings, which I started recording this last year and I finished it off during my therapeutic recovery from Covid 19. It made me re-evaluate life and It’s given me the appetite to get back in the lab.
2. The BlackKnight Featuring SuSu Bobien – Truly Amazing (Mark Francis 201 Remix) – Quantize Recordings
A sweet piece of Gospel-ness with added bump for those big speakers. What a vocal by Su Su Bobien and Mark Francis has smashed the remix to pieces! You can’t not move to this.
3. Louie Vega – Get On The Funk Train (Michael Gray & Mark Knight Remix) – Nervous Records
What MG & Toolroom’s Mark Knight have done to this record is remarkable. Originally one of those disco gems that had elements of cool, but would lose it arrangement-wise, especially in this current nu disco era, but this remix version has maximum bump & groove!
4. Underground Ministries ft Kenny Bobien – I Shall Not Be Moved (DJ Spen & Gary Hudgins Stand Still Extended Vocal Mix) – Quantize Recordings
As soon as that bass and piano kicks in, I’m off. And to top it off with Kenny Bobien’s vox…Well it’s all over! It’s straight up church business. BIG anthemic delivery from DJ Spen & Gary Hudgins. Bravo guys!
5. Peri X, Doug Gomez, Steph Stylez – Little Closer (Original Mix) – Vibe Boutique Records
Peri X sounding sweet on the track. The African rhythms and sweet melodies on this Doug Gomez gem are ultramagnetic. One of my biggest Afro House tunes of the year.
6. Dennis Ferrer, Dawn Tallman – Sunny Days (Extended Mix) – Defected Records
Not much can be said about this apart from “It’s a Banger” Dennis & Dawn… A lethal combination. Epic!
7. Melvo Baptiste ft. Phebe Edwards – Bad Company – Glitterbox
One of the bright stars of today’s label A&R world and clubland has dropped something cooking on the Nu Disco circuit and Phebe Edwards’ vocal is the red-hot ingredient that makes it all work neatly. Big tune for me.
8. Max Millan, F.A.T – Maori (Original Mix) – Flashmob Records
Utilising Nina Simone’s “Feeling Good” vocal beautifully. Mixed with rhythmical separation between those tribal beats, it’s a dance floor monster. Sophisticated use of those legendary vocals.
9. Ingram – Delight (Mark Knight and Michael Gray remix) – Uni Disc
I loved this record first time round (1983 Mirage Records), but it has now been given a new lease of life with a great structure to have fun with behind the mixer! Great job again by Mark Knight & Michael Gray.
10. Loni Clark – Rushing (Mood II Swing Dub Harry Romero Edit) – Nervous Records
23 years after its initial release on Nervous Records and subsequently A&M records in the UK, the Nervous classic has been given a fresh bumping Dub for 2020 by Harry ‘Choo Choo’ Romero. Back in the party box for this one then!
Ronnie Herel feat. Dannis Winston ‘AnotherWay’ (incl. DJ Spen & Reelsoul Remixes) will be released on Traxsource promo August 28th / Full release September 11th 2020 on Quantize Recordings.