A&R and Label Manager at Pukka Up Records, Sam Walker, presents his current chart full of club bangers and boat party anthems. A round up of what he’s currently playing from his own production, releases on Pukka Up music and just some favourites.
1. Sam Walker & Teej feat Victoria – Lifted – Pukka Up Records Pushing my own track might be a bit cheeky but this vocal number is a real club anthem. It has a big anthemic sound as an instrumental and with the vocal it just accelerates. It saw daylight for the first time on Pukka Up’s latest album “We Just Got Hotter” and on our label Ibiza Sampler but the full release is due very soon.
2. Falseface – One More Time – Pukka Up Records If ‘big room banger’ was in the dictionary then a pic of this guy would be next to it and “One More Time” is huge. A big kick in and a euphoric breakdown equals greatness. Watch out for Falseface!
3. Carlo Astuti – Dream – Four Peas Records Carlo is someone that I’ve followed for a while and we now speak regularly across the Atlantic with him being based in Vegas and this is just one of his huge hits in 2012. This is another baseline driven track but really quirky. Another tip for the future from me.
4. Felix Leiter – Better Days – Pukka Up Records The king of bootleg is back with another stomper, this time on Pukka Up Records. Felix is really fast moving and after releases on some really big international labels he’s finally set his stall on PUR with this main room monster.
5. The Str8jackets feat Inaya Day – Dirty Love (Sam Walker & Teej) – Deluded Records Probably one of our biggest records to date. Inaya Day has a voice that just isn’t matched and she’s always busy, but this time on Deluded records with the Str8jackets. Checkout the big bass line on this one, you won’t see it coming!
6. Futuristic Polar Bears feat Taya – Elements Of Me – Pukka Up Records The Futuristic Polar Bears are really growing in reputation and after establishing themselves as PUR regulars, they are back with their second full release. The first one hit number one on Traxsource and was a massive hit in clubland and on the radio airwaves. Check out the follow up…
7. Last Generation & Funkemotion – Piano (Sam Walker & Teej Mix) – Audio Damage Records Another remix in 2012 from us and this one is all about the energy with piano driven baseline.
8. Plastik Funk & Tujamu – WHO! – Tiger Records A massive tune for me – when this drops it oozes energy and the crowd really react. Then comes the bass! An absolute stomper if I had to describe it.
9. Falseface – Move It Up – Pukka Up Records Another one from Falseface, this time after a massive breakdown a huge baseline follows with the kick and this one is very Nicky Romero esque, but with our favourite Welshman’s (Falseface) twist.
10. Reda Lahlou – Glow – Pukka Up Records Another one of the Pukka Up Records hopefuls is Reda Lahlou from Morocco. This one is a piano driven house anthem and is definitely a peak time bomb. Reda is becoming a regular on the label and has a very bright future ahead of him.
Pukka Up’s third instalment of its Ibiza Loves Me compilation series is out now
“Ibiza Love Me 2012 – We Just Got Hotter” available from www.pukkaup.com