1. Michael Jackson – Off The Wall
I’m pretty sure this was the first album I ever bought on vinyl (a good few years after it came out). Always loved the vibe of this record, feel good party style with a message. The production still sounds amazing and the writing is still better than most.
2. Sister Sledge – Lost In Music
Such a great and timeless record. My favourite work from Nile Rogers. The lyrics say it all really.
3. KORT ft Sejal – Here & Now (full vocal mix)
My favourite work to date. Was a big labour of love to make this record. My first ever production that is made up of about 90% live instruments.
4. D.C LaRue – Cathedrals (Joey Negro Extended Disco Mix)
Love the original of this but Dave brings it right up to date and absolutely smashed it. That bass line!!
5. Stargard – Wear It Out
This one has been sampled a couple times to great effect. One of my friends played this to me for the first time when I was gigging in Slovenia a few years back .
6. Earth, Wind & Fire – Devotion
A beautiful record.
7. Lou Rawls – You’ll Never Find Another Love Like Mine
Super smooth and as cool as they come. Amazing voice.
8. Teddy Pendergrass – You Can’t Hide From Yourself
I played this at our Tropical Velvet label party on Saturday night and it ‘went off’. Still sounds great after 40 years!
9. Roy Ayres – Everybody Loves The Sunshine
Such a beautiful piece of music. Even in Hip Hop you can hear the influence.
10. Marvin Gaye – A Funky Space Reincarnation
This is my favourite Marvin Gaye track. My older cousin introduced this to me when were a lot younger at some after party at house, very early in the morning. Really funky with proper crazy lyrics.
KORT ft Sejal ‘Here & Now will be released on Traxsource Exclusive 6th July / All Stores July 20th 2018 on Tropical Velvet.