1) “Days Like This” Shaun Escoffery DJ Spinna
This track always reminds me of bright sunny days. It instantly brightens my mood and I feel like somehow everything will be alright.
2) 1960 What? The Remixes “1960 What? (Opolopo Kick & Bass Rerub)” Gregory Porter, Motema Music
The conviction and passion Gregory Porter sings with makes every melody hit straight to my core. Each lyric is a reflection of real life unfortunate events in our not-so-distant history and the driving drums and music mimic this fast-paced life we live.
3) Black Radio, “Gonna Be Alright” Robert Glasper, Blue Note
Robert Glasper & Ledisi make the perfect musical pair for this tune. I could vibe out to this song all day.
4) Uptown Saturday Night, “Luchini” Camp Lo, Arista Records, Inc
Every time I hear this sample, I stop what I’m doing and throw my hands in the air to bob my head. I just love it!
5) Family Dinner, “Free Your Dreams” Snarky Puppy ft Chantae Cann, GoundUP Music
Each lyric Chantae sings is literally how I feel every day I wake up. And she sings it so pure and effortless, It’s truly a slice of heaven on earth.
6) PJ Morton x Jojo “Say So” PJ Morton ft Jojo, Morton Records
PJ & Jojo on this track together is pure magic. For the first 3 days of listening to this song, I couldn’t do it without crying my eyes out. The realness of these lyrics is more common than one may think.
7) Voyager, “The List” Moon Child, Tru Thoughts
This song feels good all over! Probably one of my favorite Moonchild songs (I love “Cure” too) to sing with all my heart while I’m driving lol.
8) “Ubala” by Simmy ft Sun-El Musician
I was recently introduced to her music and I’m digging her musical vibes.
9) 4evermore single, “4evermore” Anthony David feat. Algebra, eOne Music
This song brings 3 of my favorite Atlanta based artists/DJ together with a catchy melody and makes it easy to remain hopeful for finding true love.
10) Best of the Last, “Elevator (Going Up) Louie Vega Mix feat. Monique Bingham
This song makes me smile. And since the first time I heard it, every time I step in an elevator this song gets stuck in my head, lol