Afters hours grooving…
01. Zazou, Bikaye and CY1 – MʼPasi Ya MʼPamba Afro experimental electronic fusion from ʼ83. The whole album is amazing but this track blows my mind.
02. Tappa Zukie – Freak His only reggae / dub goes disco record from ʼ78. Job done!
03. Nana Love – Iʼm In Love Nuts afro funk disco from ʼ78. Nana from Ghana but on the circuit in Nigeria. Pure entertainment.
04. Randolph Baker – Getting Next To You Fantastic album cut from ʼ82 thatʼs popped up again a couple of times in recent years.
05. Ball Players – Universal Language Trippy jam from ʼ83 recently re-issued by the wonderful Peoples Potential Unlimited.
06. Rim & Kasa – Love Me For Real Rim Kwaku Obeng, as legend has it, went to the US to play session for Felu Kuti and stayed. He went on to make a string of incredible records this being my favourite.
07. Charly Kingson – Born In Africa The title cut from a brilliant album from ʼ78. Charly is Manu Dibangoʼs cousin and the album is produced by a personal favourite Klaus Weiss.
08. Pastor T. L. Barrett And The Youth For Christ Choir – Like A Ship (Without A Sail) Gospel funk from ʼ71 recently re-issued by Light In The Attic.
09. Steve Miller Band – Journey From Eden
Psychedelic trip ballad gem from ʼ72.
10. Shawn Phillips – I Donʼt Want To Leave You, I Just Came To Say Good- Bye Must have been tough working with such a terrible backing band Shawn! ;-)]
My Links: –
Ray Mang headlines Vintage House Foundation meets Lasermagnetic on NYE at East Village
First 150 tickets £15 plus b/fee then £20 plus/fee.
Tickets on sale from Resident Advisor :