1. Sting & Stevie Wonder – Fragile
Sting & Stevie on this song together is creative master magic.
2. Al Jarreau – Spain (live)
Al Jarreau changed the game for vocalists.
3. The Temptations – Soul To Soul
My friend Oli Woodson’s lead vocals on this piece with the harmonies of the group are completely breathtaking, healing for the world.
4. The Spinners – Love Don’t Love Nobody
If you were ever in love and broke up, then you played this all night, lol!
5. Ltd with Jeffery Osbourne – Love Ballad
If you could sing this song you could sing baby. Jeffrey put the colours on the tapestry with this one.
6. The Delphonics – Didn’t I Blow Your Mind
When the fellas took a stand…
7. War – Slippin Into Darkness
I’m working on a house version of this piece, but I can’t find a Lee Oskar. Fire up the pipe cats! Lol!
8. Earth Wind & Fire – Keep Your Head To The Sky
Trying to sing this song as a tenor is a master class in vocals, this is not false, Phillip Bailey is no joke!
9. New Birth – Wildflower
This was when soul was soul, that 2nd tenor lead takes you on a real vocal journey.
10. The O’Jays – I Guess You Got Your Hooks In Me
My friends Walter & Eddie killed this piece to such a level that no other 2 singers today can do this song justice.
11. Teddy Pendergrass – You’re My Latest My Greatest Inspiration
When you want her to fall, sing her this piece, if you can..
12. Marvin Gaye – I Want You
This is the ultimate pick up song, the vulnerability in the vocals, simple and masterful.
13. Curtis Mayfield – Give Me Your Love
People seem to forget about Mr Mayfield, an untouchable master writer and producer.
Michael Procter & Audio Heritage ‘Change’ will be released on October 25th 2019 on Grounded Records.
Follow Michael Procter’s Saturday night ole skool house party on Soundcloud.